Thursday 26 March 2009

Through the eyes of a child....

...the wonder of it all.

My first child is now just over seven weeks old, and today I found out they don't know their hands are attached to themselves, and won't do until they are around eighteen months old. I got to thinking how useful a defence this could be in later life. So many awkward situations could have been avoided by the use of a good 'I swear I didn't know these were my hands' line over the years.


Hi, and welcome to my first ever blog. I've shyed away from these kind of things in the past, through a mixture of uncertainty how it all works, and well, sheer laziness I guess. The internet has been a marvellous invention, arguably the greatest since the invention of the telephone itself, but there's an increasing number of people who use this tool to have their entire life story open for the world to see. I've often wondered whether I've wanted to be a part of that or not. Recently I joined a social networking site, and through this, I've conversed with many old friends and workmates, but I can't help feeling there's an air of desperation attached to it all. There's people on my 'friends' list whose every waking minute seems to be documented. Is this a cry to be noticed by people socially deficient in other areas, or just a bit of harmless fun to while away the minutes until the next episode of Dancing on Ice comes on?

Anyway, here I am, and after just two paragraphs, I don't know what else to write. This perhaps isn't the best sign for someone who used to write loads of short stories as a youngster, and still believes he has a novel in them, but there you are. And besides, my seven week old child has started doing what seven week old children do best. Cry.

Well, at least they think their hands won't be to blame.....

No comments:

Post a Comment